DocAuto’s DocID™ products are the most reliable, safe, and powerful document identification tools available for Microsoft Word and WorkSite. DocAuto’s DocID products guarantee IDs that are always correct and complete but never damage existing document body, header, or footer content.
DocID for WorkSite is an end-user application that is fully-customizable, automated solution for adding and updating Document IDs in Word documents stored in WorkSite.
- Inserts a Document ID in the header, footer, or body of any document automatically
- Allows full customizing to include document number, version, any document profile information, as well as static text
- Supports first page, last page, all pages, all pages except first page, etc. in the header, footer, or body
- Permits manual or automatic ID updating during open, save, save as, edit profile (properties) or print commands
- Integrates flexibly with legacy ID systems to support previously marked documents
- Allows setting for no ID in specific documents or sections
- Offers an easy method to perform cleanup and transition from other field code and/or macro suites
- Allows for administrative customization of all product settings
- Provides a simple installation process by allowing for automated installation of the product across organizations
- Serves your firm with perfect safety, accuracy and completeness, regardless of where a document is created or edited
- Enterprise Edition provides for even greater configuration and document identification functionality
- Flawless identification procedures regardless of which DocID version is appropriate for your firm
DOCID is available for WorkSite 8.5.3. However, in order to support the new add-in architecture, WorkSite must be upgrade to 8.5 Service Pack 3 Update 2 or later on the client machine. To ensure that you have the correct version of WorkSite, please follow these simple steps:
- Navigate to your installation directory for WorkSite. This is usually "C:\Program Files\Interwoven\WorkSite." On 64-bit installations, it is usually "C:\Program Files (x86)\Interwoven\WorkSite."
- Right-click on the file "WorkSiteAddinInterfacesEx.dll" and select properties
- Click on the "Details" tab
- Ensure that that the Product Version is at least 8.5.3002.16
Please note that 8.5.3 update 5 restored backwards compatibility with the native WorkSite client APIs.